|Information About the Adelaide CBD|
Situated on the Gulf St Vincent on the south east region of South Australia the city of Adelaide is commonly known as the 'City Of Churches' because it is filled with many beautiful, historic churches of all denominations. Within the expansive layout of the Adelaide CBD visitors will discover uncrowded streets that have lots of corporate offices, government department buildings, restaurant precincts and shopping strips, as well as unique restidental accommodation. One of the best things about the city of Adelaide is that it is very well planned and incorporates wide roads and efficient public transport, which means that getting around the city is relatively easy and stress free. The city of Adelaide is conveniently surrounded by extensive parkland gardens, as well as the River Torrens to the north where you will find the Adelaide Zoo, Adelaide Oval and Botanic Gardens. During your stay in the Adelaide CBD you can make the most of these beautiful garden areas by going for a morning or evening stroll after work or a day of sightseeing. Within the Adelaide CBD you will find plenty of accommodation available ranging from luxury 5 star hotels and furnished apartments through to more affordable discount motels and budget self contained apartments. This wide variety of accommodation means that the Adelaide city centre is able to suit the needs of corporate business travellers, families relocating and holiday makers.
Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera
One of the best things about choosing to stay at the Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera is that you will be placing yourself just a short walk away from excellent shopping, quality restaurants and the entertainment precincts along North Terrace and Hindley Street. The Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera is also conveniently situated on North Terrace right near the Adelaide Festival Centre, Parliament House, Adelaide Casino and the Art Gallery of South Australia. With a range of hotel rooms available this discount Adelaide CBD accommodation is the ideal place to stay.
Address : 31 - 34 North Terrace, ADELAIDE 5000, SA
Mantra on Frome
The Mantra on Frome Apartment Hotel in Adelaide is very popular with first time visitors and regular visitors alike because it is so well located close to all of the major city facilities including the Rundle Street Mall, botanic gardens, Adelaide casino, fine dining restaurants and the National Wine Centre of Australia. The Mantra on Frome Apartment Hotel offers travellers a choice of affordable studio rooms, as well as one, two and three bedroom self-contained apartments that are fully-equipped with all of the modern conveniences.
Address : 88 Frome Street, Adelaide 5000
The Adelaide Paringa Motel is perfectly situated on one of the most happening streets in the Adelaide city centre, Hindley Street, which is filled with lots of restaurants, cafes, shops, bars and nightlife entertainment venues. This exceptionally priced property provides a range of accommodation including quality hotel rooms which are ideal for individuals, couples and families. Just a short 3 minutes walk from this property is North Terrace, which features lots of Adelaide's major tourist attractions and cultural venues.
Address : 15 Hindley Street, Adelaide, 5000, South Australia
The Breakfree Adelaide Apartments takes real pride in providing all sorts of different travellers with very affordable apartment accommodation that is guaranteed not to break your travel budget. The accommodation comes in the form of fully self-contained and luxuriously furnished studio, one and two bedroom apartments that have all of the facilities to make you feel at home and have you coming back time and time again. The city of Adelaide and in particular the CBD is surrounded by numerous tourist attractions, corporate offices, quality dining and great shopping, most of which is located within easy reach from the Breakfree Adelaide Apartments.
Address : 255 Hindley Street, Adelaide 5000 SA
Carrington Gardens Apartments
The Carrington Gardens Apartments is conveniently positioned in the heart of the Adelaide city centre on a quiet residential street. This means that by choosing to stay at this Adelaide CBD accommodation you will be within easy reach of everything that the city boasts including shopping, restuarants, universities, government buildings, museums and much more. The Carrington Gardens Apartments has plenty to offer discerning business and holiday travellers including a sauna, heated spa pool, outdoor swimming pool and even a tennis court for those people looking for some physical exercise.
Address : 188 Carrington Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Guests who choose to stay at the Oaks Embassy Apartments in the Adelaide CBD will be treated to wonderful accommodation that is ideally positioned overlooking the parklands. The Oaks Embassy has a variety of self contained one, two and three bedroom apartments that have been luxuriously appointed with all of the modern facilities that you need to have a comfortable stay in the city. This makes the Oaks Embassy Apartments perfect for the family market or those people who want to enjoy a longer stay in spacious self contained apartment.
Address : 96 North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Map of Adelaide CBD Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in the Adelaide CBD
- Located along the main thoroughfare of North Terrace in the Adelaide CBD is the popular Skycity Adelaide Casino. This casino is ideally positioned overlooking the River Torrens and features an array of entertainment options ranging from fine dining restaurants, exciting nightclub entertainment, poker tournaments and a variety of different gamling games, as well as lots of special events and live performances throughout the course of the year.
- Just a short walk to the north east of the Adelaide CBD is the Adelaide Botanic Gardens. These picturesque gardens provide a tranquil spot for travellers to Adelaide to relax, as well as plenty of walking trails to explore. The Botanic Gardens features an extensive collection of natives trees, schubs, flowers and other plants that offer a beautiful day out.
- No matter if you are travelling to Adelaide for business or pleasure you should visit the National Wine Centre of Australia. This unique tourist attraction is sitauted on the corner of North Terrace and Hackney Road and gives you lots of information about all of the great wine growing regiond in South Australia. Guests can also taste lots of fine Australian wines or enjoy a meal from the seasonal tapas menu.
- Situated at the north western edge of the Adelaide CBD on the corner of North Terrace and Montefiore Road is the Adelaide Convention and Exhibition Centre. This large venue is well serviced by public transport and throughout the course of the year plays host to many conferences, conventions and exciting exhibitions on all sorts of different topics.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in the Adelaide CBD
- If you are staying in the Adelaide CBD the main shopping area is the Rundle Street Mall. The mall is located at the northern end of the Adelaide CBD between King William and Pulteney Streets and is popular with visitors as well as local Adelaide residents. At this mall you will find a vast array of designer fashion boutiques, phone retailers, food outlets, major department stores and shops selling shoes, handbags, cameras and much more.
- Just a short distance to the north of the Adelaide CBD across the River Torrens is the city's premier sporting ground the Adelaide Oval. This well known sporting stadium not only plays host to international cricket matches throughout the course of the year but also has been recently redeveloped to host AFL football matches during the winter months.
- The Adelaide Central Market is conveniently positioned right in the middle of the city centre between Gouger and Grote Streets and just to the west of Victoria Sqaure. This popular food market is open 7 days a week from early in the morning until early afternoon. At the Adelaide Central Markey you will discover a large selection of fresh seafood, fruit and vegetables, meats, Asian groceries, delicatessens and cafes where you can enjoy a bite to eat.
- Right around the Adelaide CBD and especially to the south, east and west you will find extensive parklands that are filled with all sorts of different sporting ovals, fields and venues. At these sporting ovals and fields you can play cricket, rugby, soccer, hockey, tennis and netball, as well as there being plenty of jogging trails where you can have a morning or evening run.