|Information About North Adelaide
The North Adelaide region is well positioned just across the River Torrens and the parkland gardens that surround the river from the Adelaide CBD. This means that when you choose to stay in North Adelaide you will be only a few kilometres away from the entertainment, shopping, dining and businesses of the Adelaide city centre. Many people choose to stay in North Adelaide because the suburb has is more relaxed and quiet feeling to it. This is most likely because the North Adelaide region has many tree-lined streets and plenty of parklands for families and holiday makers to enjoy. There are also plenty of fully self contained holiday apartments in North Adelaide, with the accommodation ranging from luxury hotels and self contained apartments right through to more affordable motels and serviced apartments for the budget conscious traveller. Many of the North Adelaide accommodation has a wide range of facilities and amenities that will ensure that you feel right at home during your stay in Adelaide. One of the best things about staying in North Adelaide is that you will be in a quiet location, but still close enough to all of the major tourist attractions and exciting activities that Adelaide has to offer. Right in the heart of North Adelaide you will find a great selection of alfresco restaurants, cosmopolitan cafes, trendy bars, fashion boutiques and other shops. This means that by choosing to stay in North Adelaide you will have everything great about Adelaide at your fingertips, but still be able to enjoy a nice and relaxing time with family, friends or work colleagues.
Majestic Minima Hotel
If you need clean and comfortable hotel accommodation on a tight budget in the inner North Adelaide suburb then the Majestic Minima Hotel is the ideal place for you. It is well located in the middle of North Adelaide just a short distance from the Adelaide CBD and also includes a range of conveneient facilities to make you feel right at home. The Majestic Minima Hotel in North Adelaide is locally owned and operated, with friendly staff who make it their duty to ensure that you have a fantastic stay in the South Australian capital city of Adelaide.
Address : 146 Melbourne St, North Adelaide , SA 5006
The staff at the Vines Apartments are committed to giving both business and leisure travellers to North Adelaide wonderful, friendly and personal service that will ensure that all of your accommodation needs and travel requirements are met. All of the studio apartments and 2 bedroom self contained serviced apartments at the Vines Apartments have been well appointed with tasteful modern furnishings in order to ensure that your stay in Adelaide is both comfortable and enjoyable.
Address : 81-91 Melbourne Street, North Adelaide SA 5006
Majestic Old Lion Apartments
With a range of 1, 2 & 3 bedroom self contained serviced apartments that are conveniently located just minutes from the Adelaide CBD, Adelaide Zoo, Adelaide Oval, casino and parliament house the Majestic Old Lion Apartments in North Adelaide is a great place to stay. Ideal for leisure and sporting travellers, tourists and corporate business travellers the Majestic Old Lion Apartments is also only a short stroll to the North Adelaide shopping strips, which offer a diverse range of cosmopolitan restaurants and exclusive shopping.
Address : 9 Jerningham Street , North Adelaide, SA 5006
Majestic Tynte Street Apartments
Featuring budget studio apartment accommodation that is complemented by a range of modern conveniences that you would expect from a quality property the Majestic Tynte Street Apartments
in North Adelaide has something for all types of travellers. You will find the Majestic Tynte Street Apartments
well located in the heart of North Adelaide just a short distance from the CBD, picturesque Torrens River, Adelaide Zoo and many other attractions, as well as numerous corporate offices, fine dining restaurants, boutique shops, cafes and nightlife entertainment venues.
Address : 82 Tynte St, North Adelaide, SA 5006
Map of North Adelaide Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in North Adelaide
- One of the most popular things to do whilst staying in North Adelaide is to make the most of the many fine dining restuarants, trendy cafes and eateries located along O'Connell Street. This vibrant precinct has food outlets serving a wide variety of different cuisines from all over the world, so there is sure to be something that suits your individual taste and budget.
- Ideally positioned on the southern banks of the River Torrens is the very popular Adelaide Zoo. At this fascinating zoo you will find a wide variety of different animals from all over the world which will provide kids of all ages with a fascinating day out. There are also numerous special exhibits at the Adelaide Zoo including giant Pandas, Walkabout tours, overnight sleepovers and behind the scenes tours of the complex.
- If you are staying in North Adelaide and are feeling energitic then head along to the Adelaide Aqautic Centre. It is located on Jeffcott Road near the intersection with Fitzroy Terrace (also known as the City Ring Route). The Adelaide Aqautic Centre is the city's largest indoor sporting venue and features large lap swimming pools, a leisure pool for the kids, indoor water slides, a fitness centre, swimming classes and much more.
- North Adelaide is home to the City Of Adelaide Golf Club which is actually 3 separate 18 hole golf courses, one of which is a par 3 course that is floodlit at night during the summer months. These golf courses provide a good test to experienced golfers, as well asless experienced golfers, juniors and seniors.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in North Adelaide
- For people staying in North Adelaide the main shopping area is situated along O'Connell Street, which is actually the extension of King William Drive that leads from the city centre. This suburban shopping strip is centrally located, has plenty of parking and features an array of fashion boutiques, quality restuarants, cosmopolitan cafes, variety stores and even supermarkets for all of your day to day needs.
- Situated on the northern banks of the River Torrens is Adelaide's premier sporting ground, the Adelaide Oval. This major sporting stadium plays host to numerous international and domestic cricket matches throughout the summer months, as well as hosting AFL football matches during the winter months.
- A great place to go shopping or to find good food to eat is along Melbourne Street in North Adelaide. This unique street features a number of shops surrounded by an array of quality restuarants and cosmopolitan outdoor cafes. One of the best things about the Melbourne Street shopping strip is that it has a relaxed feel about it and is never overly busy.
- Right next to the Adelaide Oval on the corner of War Memorial Drive and Montefiore Road is the Memorial Park Tennis Courts. Ideally located amoungst parklands this large tennis complex features numerous courts on a variety of different surfaces including grass, clay and hard court, all complete with lighting so that you can even play during the night time.